Monday, August 17, 2015

Frontier Ruckus - Eternity of Dimming

Frontier Ruckus – Eternity of Dimming
Quite Scientific, 2013
Acquired: Discogs, Used, 2015
Price: $13
I used to value a lot of different things about music in my music writer days, but these days all I really give a shit about is honesty. I’m desperate for someone to spill their guts and to help them scoop those guts up off the floor and glean some emotional resonance from those guts. I don’t even care about hooks anymore. If the songwriting is outstanding, that’s the end of the world for me. The way Matthew Milia’s songwriting makes me feel is unlike any other I have encountered. Granted, I’m from the suburbs of a major Midwestern metropolitan area and of a similar age thus can relate to many of the copious references to a 90s upbringing, but that subjective quality is precisely why I love these songs as much as I do.


I’ve already written exhaustive praises of this record already, and am exhausted to expound on its merits further. Let me just say once more: I love this record, it is one of my favorite records, listen to this record, it is outstanding.

"Dealerships"

No comments:

Post a Comment