Tuesday, October 20, 2020

1001 Albums: #5. Fats Domino - This is Fats (1956)

Fats Domino - This is Fats
Imperial, 1956


Fats Domino's hybrid of R&B and Rock and Roll is the sort of music history lesson I was looking for when undertaking this project. Brain-wise, it's easier for me to undertake something if there is a clear structure and purpose, even if that purpose is something as loose as "Listen to 1001 albums in order over the next five years or so." The appeal of this style of music is apparent even nearly 70 years later. In a way it's both of its time and timeless. It's a rock and roll history lesson and an absolute delight. A true crowd pleaser too! See: My 22 month old baby girl toddling into the kitchen to show me her dance moves during "The Fat Man's Hop." My personal favorite track was the downtrodden "Blue Monday" (which made me want to hear an R&B cover of New Order's song of the same name). 


No comments:

Post a Comment