Monday, July 19, 2010

The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me

The Cure – Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
Fiction, 1987
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2010
Price: $9

And wouldn't you know it, I walk down to Love Garden after listening to Staring at the Sea to look for Cure records and I actually find some! Good timing! Sadly, the other one was the fucking “The Walk” 12”!! Oh cruel fate! But I'm satisfied, and this plays really nicely right after that fine compilation. I've always liked Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me because, well, it's the album with “Just Like Heaven” on it. That was pretty much my only reason til I started digging on the Cure. Now, I like it because it's a nice “shape of things to come” sort of record and a great precursor to Disintegration. It retains a decent dose of their early post-punk stuff but it's clear that it's a skin being shed. It's all drama, and pop, and it's all pretty fucking great even if it is really damned long, which is a hard feat to pull off for a lot of artists. And that's all I got. It's the Cure, the Cure made some good records, this is one of 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment