Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone/ The Donkeys - 7" Split

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone/ The Donkeys – Split

Antenna Farm, 2007
Acquired: A Casiotone and/or Donkeys Show, New, 2007/8
Price: $5

I love both of these bands, and the fact that they’re friends just makes thing even more awesome. I’m pretty sure I got this the first time I saw the Donkeys in Lawrence. And I’m pretty sure they were opening for Casiotone for the Painfully Alone. Every time after that, I made sure to catch the Donkeys in Lawrence (or at SXSW) because goddamnit, those dudes just wanna have fun and really like what they do. “White Corolla” is a classic Casiotone jam, perhaps made even better when Owen Ashworth has to sing it himself in a live setting. The Donkeys “Be My Girl” is one of their tastiest jams marrying a rock solid hook to that laidback California charm that infects all their music. It is nice having jams this tasty as 7” exclusives. Someday they’ll brighten up a couple of career retrospectives assuming either of these groups would ever get career retrospectives. I only say that because I don’t feel like either band is as beloved as they oughta be, dagummit (although I suppose Casiotone already have their own singles and B-sides collection, but what about the Donkeys damnit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment