Thursday, October 2, 2014

Small Factory - "Lose Your Way" 7"

Small Factory – “Lose Your Way” 7”
Slumberland/Bijoopiter, 1994
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2008
Price: $1
I feel like I can’t go 20 posts without talking about Small Factory. They were a small band from the smallest state and somehow they always seem to be popping up. Something about their tunes really hits me where it counts. They’re pure indie pop, but not cloyingly twee. They’re a little lo-fi with a firm grasp on mid-90s jangle pop, but these tracks sound timeless. Both “Lose Your Way” and b-side “Scared of Love” are instant winners. I was just slagging Slumberland the other day, but this is the stuff I was talking about when I was talking about Slumberland’s mid-90s heyday where their track record was unblemished. Neither of these songs found their way onto Small Factory’s second and final (and fantastic) LP For If You Cannot Fly, which makes this 7” a tiny miracle. 



Scared of Love from Small Factory on Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment