Friday, December 4, 2009

Velocity Girl - Copacetic

Velocity Girl – Copacetic
Sub Pop, 1993
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2006
Price: $6

Whoa! I forgot this was on marble blue vinyl! It's beautiful! I own this on accident. I'd initially bought it for Annie's birthday when we were going out and then found out she liked Simpatico! More and didn't really like Copacetic so I just ended up keeping this one for myself. I like it more, anyway. It's awesome, dreamy indie-pop and was a staple when I was doing Pop Rocks on KJHK. “Pop Loser” became something of an anthem to me during my obsessive indie-pop years. “Crazy Town” is pretty much a perfect pop song, and one that not only offers plenty of replay/mixtape value, but one that never seems to wear out. Sarah Shannon's voice is perfect for this. It's usually kinda buried in noisy guitars that somehow work for these pop songs a-la pre-shoegaze My Bloody Valentine.

2006-2008: THIS WAS MY THING

No comments:

Post a Comment