Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cath Carroll - "My Cold Heart" 7"

Cath Carroll – “My Cold Heart” 7”
TeenBeat, 1994
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2008
Price: $1
 Let’s face it, I bought this because I love that song “Cath Carroll” by Unrest. I vaguely recall her band Miaow from the two weeks I was goofing off over C-86, but this doesn’t sound what I think that sounded like (read: ramshackle, borderline, ladypunk). Too bad it’s a total snore. “My Cold Heart” and the slightly better “Into Day” walk a thin line between indie pop and adult urban contemporary. I just don’t know when I would listen to this little record again. I have to keep replaying it to remind myself what it sounds like. It’s not bad, it really isn’t, just not my cuppa tea. Seriously, I listened to this thing four times and I still don't remember what either of the songs sound like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment