Monday, January 6, 2014

Let's Wrestle/The Love Language - Split 7"

Let’s Wrestle/The Love Language – Split 7”
Merge, 2010
Acquired: Love Garden, New, 2010
Price: $6
 
This is a Record Store Day exclusive, no doubt purchased because I got up early and didn’t want to leave Love Garden empty handed. Even though I think $6 is a bit excessive for a 7”, I fucking love Let’s Wrestle. And their contribution, “I’m So Lazy,” is an exemplary slice of the slacker-tinged alt-rock the band worked to perfect over the course of their early EPs and first album, In The Court of Wrestling Let’s. The aforementioned first album was a little overstuffed for my liking, and I don’t know if I ever made it all the way through, but their single “I Won’t Lie To You” is one of those songs that pops up every now and then and I’ll stop in my tracks to enjoy the pure, sloppy glory of that number. The Love Language is a band I’m not familiar with, but their contribution to this 7”, “Brittany’s Back,” is a damn good piece of middle of the road indie rock thanks to the fact that it sounds like it was recorded through a camcorder, which paints an intriguing film over the song.

Let's Wrestle - "I'm So Lazy"

The Love Language - "Brittany's Back"

No comments:

Post a Comment