Monday, June 2, 2014

P.A. - "No Blue Dye" 7"

P.A. – “No Blue Dye” 7”
Cass Records, 2005
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2010
Price: $.25 


This was purchased in a great era of 7” buying. Between 2008-2011 I bought almost exclusively 7”s. LPs had just become too rich for my blood. I had to start paying back my student loans, I’d quit my job at the public library, and there just wasn’t an extra $40 to blow on records every couple weeks. What was I supposed to do? The solution: Buy records that looked moderately cool for bargain basement prices. So I ended up with a lot of records like this P.A. 7”: Records that looked like they might be gems but ended up being wholly average. This 7” is enjoyable but recalls the post-Franz Ferdinand/Arcade Fire indie rock boom of the mid-00s before guitars were wholly overtaken by computers and skinny jeans. Could be worse, but it basically sounds like the white noise machine we use to get Rosie to sleep. P.A. is not an easily searchable band name, but I was able to glean that the band was from Detroit.

No comments:

Post a Comment