Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pain - "Jabberjaw" 7"

Pain – “Jabberjaw” 7”
Springman, 1999
Acquired: Springman Mail Order, New, 2002
Price: $4
Oh man, I’ve been dragging this one around for years. This was one of the first 7”s I ever bought. It was those halcyon days where I’d just gone to a ska show and was VERY into the possibilities of ska punk. That lasted a few months. Long enough for me to get a bevy of vinyl from Asian Man Records and Springman Records. The words “ska punk” is used derisively by pretty much everyone who thinks they know better, but these three songs are pure joy. The horns aren’t obnoxious and are used more to accent these funny little pop songs.

"Jabberjaw"

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for one of those for years now, the longer I look, the more I'm willing to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I'd love to own this. Pain is a band I can always come back to.

    ReplyDelete