Monday, July 13, 2015

Soul Vandals - "Flower Killer" 7"

Soul Vandals – “Flower Killer” 7”
Scat, 1993
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2007
Price: $.25

The “Flower Killer” 7” is the lone release in Soul Vandals’ catalog. I love these weird mystery 7”s. Since it’s on Scat, I’m guessing these guys are from Ohio and, based on a quick google search…shit. Here’s what I got: a lady from South Euclid, OH posting RIP Chris Marec (Soul Vandals’ songwriter/frontman) on a Facebook page for Marec’s former band Spike in Vain. I can’t verify that. I also can’t verify if Chris and his brother/bandmate Andrew spell their last name “Marec” (as listed on the 7”s sleeve) or “Marek” as it is written on the handful of web entries about the brothers’ music careers. This lineage of obscure alt-rock bands from the 80s and 90s is of great interest to me. Alas, I am have not the time that I once did to dig in to this obscure shit but I’m hoping one of the dudes in this band has “Soul Vandals” set as a Google alert and I’ll hear from them at some point for the full story!

No comments:

Post a Comment