Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Merle Haggard - The Best of Merle Haggard

Merle Haggard – The Best of Merle Haggard
Capitol, 1968
Acquired: My Parents' Basement, Used, 2006
Price: Free



Hmm. This sounds like a Merle Haggard record. It's not as good as the ones I downloaded a few years ago, but I know my dad is obsessed with Merle Haggard and this best-of is pretty good. Although, all it really does is make me wanna listen to some real Merle Haggard records. I also cannot get over how much Haggard looks like Warren Beatty in Bonnie & Clyde, made even weirder by the fact that Haggard released an album called Bonnie & Clyde. It's one of the rare gems from my parents' notoriously awful record collection that I still give them shit for. WHERE ARE ALL THE BEATLES RECORDS DAD! WERE YOU GUYS NEVER INTO ZEPPELIN OR FLOYD! ONE OR THE OTHER WOULD DO! I DON'T EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THOSE BANDS REALLY BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE THEM ON VINYL! This is how I talk to my parents in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment