Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Handsome Family - Twilight

The Handsome Family – Twilight
2001, Carrot Top
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2007
Price: $6



This record is awful and I don't know why I didn't sell it when I sold a big batch of records a few months ago. The singer sounds like he's trying to sing like Roy Orbison, but a very lame Roy Orbison. Not the totally awesome Roy Orbison. This is some boring-ass alt-country and though I have a special place in my heart for alt-country, this record is a snooze. Seriously, I'm barely listening to it now. I'm just thinking about how I'm going to create a crate for the records I do not want anymore and it's gonna sit in a corner then once a month I'll go trade-in and get store credit. But I'm worried about selling records because it's fucking sickening to realize that you had something that was worth some money. Like this Green Day 7” I sold that I saw in there the other day on the expensive records wall for like $20. I'm sure they gave me like $3 for it. Blah. Anyway, I have no qualms selling this shabby, moody record with an awful, awful, awful cover design. And is this song about his dog, Snickers, who is recently deceased? Blahhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment