Thursday, July 5, 2012

Squeeze - Singles: 45s & Under

Squeeze – Singles: 45s and Under
A&M, 1982
Acquired: Half Price Books, Used, 2011
Price: $1.50

Someone put this on at work one day and the second I heard “Up the Junction” I was like “I must have this.” And I found out it was Squeeze’s singles collection on vinyl that very day and was like “yes please.” And man oh man, I’m always really on the fence about new wave but this stuff is just so genuine and well, just really good. Not earth shattering but true and kind of pure. “Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)” has a goofy title but it’s like some weird kindred spirit of Elvis Costello. “Tempted” is on this record too, which is great because when it comes on, I think I have cable television and there’s a commercial playing. Overall, this is a nice album to pull out and put on at random when people are over or you’re making dinner and just need something good in the background with a couple hits thrown in for “oh yeah this song! I love this song!”


No comments:

Post a Comment