Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Beatles - Hey Jude

The Beatles – Hey Jude

Apple, 1968

Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2007

Price: $4


I picked this up just because I love “Hey Jude” so much and wouldn’t you know, it’s sort of a greatest hits/past masters record too! “Lady Madonna” is on this, one of my favorites, in addition to “I Should Have Known Better,” “Paperback Writer,” and “Revolution.” Strangely, the track listing on the back is completely wrong, and I don’t know why that is. But yeah, owning this record is me owning “Hey Jude,” which as clichéd as this sentiment is, I think, one of the greatest songs ever written. Top 5. As I wrote in the Sgt. Pepper write up, I’m not a Beatles nut but they are unfuckwithable. Most of the time, anyone who says they hate the Beatles is like any film major who says they hate Citizen Kane: Someone trying way too hard to be an iconoclast.


No comments:

Post a Comment