Monday, December 1, 2014

28 Days of Christmas: Descendents - "Christmas Vacation"


Another staple from my teenage Christmas mixes. Since "Christmas Vacation" is on an actual, proper Descendents record, this is one that got a lot of year-round play between the years 2001-2003. I'm a huge fan of the heartbroken Christmas song, and the only thing keeping me from posting 12 versions of "Last Christmas" is basic commonsense and the knowledge that everyone would make fun of me. I really hate Taylor Swift's version of that song, though. Good God Almighty it's so very very bad. There's no soul! That's my problem with Taylor Swift: I don't believe a word she's saying. I don't believe she's done the actual legwork of getting her heartbroken like that. Maybe she has, but...ok, I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll save that for whenever I put up a "Last Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment