Tuesday, December 16, 2014

28 Days of Christmas: Harvey Danger - "Sometimes You Have to Work on Christmas"


People forget that Harvey Danger's Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone? was a great record. "Flagpole Sitta" was just too damn big. It dwarfed everything about that band and they flamed out of the public consciousness like so many Dishwalla's of the 90s. I always loved their Christmas song. Because it's a great, hooky example of that great mid-90s mainstream alternative rock, but also because I worked at a movie theater when I was in high school and while I always made sure to get Christmas off, AMC never closed. It was already an awful place to work, and I can't imagine what Christmas there would be like. I mean, I can, because it would be DEPRESSING, but fathoming how much more depressing it would be than the usual amount of depressingness, woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment