Monday, September 21, 2009

Frog Eyes - Tears of the Valedictorian

Frog Eyes – Tears of the Valedictorian
Absolutely Kosher, 2007
Acquired: Love Garden (Blowout Location), New, 2009
Price: $6


I've been trying to be a good boy and avoid the old Love Garden, which has been transformed into a blowout store, an everything must go situation. That means everything in the store is half off, which is very dangerous. BUT VERY FUCKING FUN, as I found out today. There are a ton of brand new records in there and digging for treasure in those stacks was a total fucking blast. Needless to say, I found this little gem from a couple of years ago and jiggled with glee (don't know what that means, the phrase just popped into my head and I ran with it). It's a good, weird, wonderful record, but I bought it mostly because of the fantastic cover art and the epic jam “Bushels.” There's something epic about this whole record, actually. It feels like a cohesive whole, as all Frog Eyes records have been doing for the last few years. More and more Carey Mercer becomes more accessible without sacrificing any of his weirdness.

No comments:

Post a Comment