Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bomb Pops - "Paler" 7"

Bomb Pops - “Paler” 7”
Audrey's Diary, 1992
Acquired: Love Garden Shotgun Room, Used, 2007
Price: $.25

Strummy Minneapolis band whose guitars all sound out of tune on the A-side, “Paler.” I actually think I thought this band was the Blow Pops, who I'd read about somewhere in my search for a million indie-pop bands. It's quite ramshackle and though quite nice, kind of forgettable and a little too long. The insert tells me that Audrey's Diary released Black Tambourine's “Throw Aggi Off the Bridge” 7”, which I would pretty much kill to have, but that's beside the point. OK, wouldn't actually kill, but man, I wish I had that record. The B-side has a couple of nice little instrumentals that kind of amble along. It's all very nice, but hardly anything happens on this 7”.

No comments:

Post a Comment