Friday, May 7, 2021

1001 Albums: #23. The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out

 The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out
Columbia, 1959

I can't listen to this album without recalling one of the most cringeworthy experiences I was ever party to. I went to a small cocktail party (ung) with my buddies at the apartment of some people I didn't know. I sat in a corner most of the time and watched these two hipster dudes pick the music, and vividly remember them putting on this album. It's about as far as you can get from Kind of Blue. Everything about this is clean and precise and perfect, and maybe that's why my initial impression is, "It's fine." I get why it's good, the technical proficiency can't be argued, but there's just something missing. But, remember what I said: I'm the last person you want giving you advice about Jazz. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete