Friday, May 7, 2021

1001 Albums: #24 - Joan Baez - Joan Baez

Joan Baez - Joan Baez
Vanguard, 1960


Finally out of the 50s! And what better way to inaugurate the 60s than to capture some of that folksinger spirit with Joan Baez's debut. Her voice is sublime, but you know that already. That said I can make it about four songs before needing to take a break. Maybe that's why I've never listened to a Joan Baez record all the way through. She's excellent here or there, but so much vocal quavering starts to wear on me after a while. Still, there are some great tunes here, particularly "Silver Dagger."

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete