Friday, May 7, 2021

1001 Albums: #21. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue 
Columbia, 1959


Jazz isn't really any of my business. It's a genre I appreciate from the sidelines but lack the music brain to provide a legitimate judgement. I'm assuming all of the jazz records on this list are exceptional. Where I've basically spent the last 20 years trying to shout my opinions about music from the rooftops, I'm perfectly happy to take someone else's word for it here. Despite my lack of music knowledge, I know that having Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, and Bill Evans all playing together is music magic. This record just stops you in your tracks. You can tell that if you google Greatest Jazz Records of All Time this is gonna be the first one that pops up. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment