Friday, May 21, 2021

1001 Albums: #36 - Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Columbia, 1963



I'm going through my Beatles phase now, but I went through my Dylan phase maybe ten years ago. I picked up this Rough Guide to Bob Dylan from the clearance section of Half Price Books and proceeded to spend the next six months working through his discography and acquiring his albums on vinyl as they came across the buy counter. My copy of Freewheelin' however is a super nice 180 Gram reissue and I vividly remember ordering it after listening to it all the way through for the first time during my Bob Dylan Year. "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" was the first ringtone I bought when buying ringtones was a thing, and it remained my ringtone for at least two full years even though that song makes for a terrible ringtone. It's hard to think of a more perfect kiss-off song. In these latter days I've been listening to the back half of the album more. It's more of its time than the A-Side, but "Talking World War III Blues" is one that feels as potent now as it ever did. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete