Friday, May 21, 2021

1001 Albums: #34 - Ray Price - Night Life

Ray Price - Night Life
Koch, 1962



I don't know if you're going to find a weirder Track 1 that "Introduction and Theme" in which Ray Price gives a rambling introduction to the album over the title track. But once the album gets going in earnest, man, that title track is a perfect capsule of country and western misery. I'm almost surprised David Lynch hasn't used it to soundtrack some sort of weird depravity. And look, it was written by Willie Nelson. That explains a lot. The book explains that Price and Nelson had a falling out when, "Nelson shot one of Price's roosters." Makes sense. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete