Saturday, February 14, 2009

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Master and Everyone

Bonnie “Prince” Billy – Master and Everyone

Drag City, 2003

Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2007

Price: $6



Hmm, six bucks for a Bonnie “Prince” Billy that I really like? Um, yes please. I’ve been listening to this one a lot with Jenny because I’ve been preoccupied and haven’t taken this off the turntable in like five days. That and she knows all the words and gets really excited when I play “The Way” and “Hard Life” and she sings along, which is very nice. But yeah, in the past five days or so I’ve listened to this record something like six or seven times and I think it’s fantastic and beautiful. Maybe my favorite Bonnie “Prince” Billy record. I can’t think of a single person on earth who writes songs like this or sings them with such sadness. This is one of those records that I’m going to return to when I need a record to listen to, thus validating this project! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment