Thursday, February 19, 2009

John Cale - Paris 1919

John Cale – Paris 1919

Reprise, 1973

Acquired: End of an Ear, Austin, TX, Used, 2008

Price: $15



Thanks to Tom K. for putting this record in the first batch of KJHK Essentials. I heard tracks from it all the time on the radio after that and got into the record. I bought it, or put it on the list of records I need to buy in my head, after hearing Will Sheff’s acoustic cover of “Antarctica Starts Here” and found a used copy when I was in Austin. I pry paid a little too much, but whatever, I wanted it, needed it. Now I have it and I’m listening to it and it’s so great! This is one of the records in my collection that I turn to more often than most. I don’t know why, it’s just nice to throw this on the record player and listen to it all the way through. There are just so many jams here. “Child’s Christmas in Wales,” “Hanky Panky Nohow,” “Paris 1919,” etc. Mmm. It sounds unlike any record I’ve ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment