Friday, February 27, 2009

Cat Power - You Are Free

Cat Power – You Are Free

Matador, 2003

Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2007

Price: $10



I had a copy of this and then I gave it to my sister for Christmas. Then I bought another copy of it. I think Moon Pix is the better record, but I don’t have that one and this is the one I’ve listened to the most and I’m really glad I’m listening to it now even though it’s typically an album reserved for really sad times. “Good Woman” would easily find its way onto a list of the 5 saddest songs I’ve ever heard. Despite the sadness, this is one of the most beautifully designed and packaged records I own. I love the mix of heartbreaking ballads and electric rock jams (most notably, “Free” to “Good Woman and“Fool” to “He War”). Anyway, this record is too sad right now. I’m going to listen to the Chills.

No comments:

Post a Comment