Friday, July 17, 2009

Abe Froman - Abe Froman

Abe Froman – Abe Froman

Plan-It-X, 2001

Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2007

Price: $6



So, first and foremost, this is a glaring filing error. In the real world, this should be the first record in my collection, as the name of the band is the name of a fictional character (the sausage king of Chicago from Ferris Beuller’s Day Off). Yet when I organized all of my records I somehow filed this under F for Froman. Doesn’t really matter though. This record is pretty fucking awesome and I am 95% sure that 99% of anyone that likes independent music has never ever heard this record. Probably because it’s way out of print, but it’s super awesome. I mean, it’s nothing spectacular, but it features the awesome Erin Tobey (whose excellent solo LP I will cover later on) and the awesome Matty Pop Chart. And it’s all short, fast, loud and screamy punk rock. It’s a super solid record for what it is (a record recorded in a basement by a bunch of punk ass kids) and I’m glad I bought it at Love Garden. Although, when I did I thought I’d never see it anywhere again and I couldn’t find it online so I just grabbed it, and just today I was in there and saw ANOTHER copy of it. What the hell? Maybe my percentage is wrong, because somehow two copies of this record ended up in Lawrence, Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment