Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits

Bob Dylan – Bob Dylan’s Greatest Hits

Columbia, 1967

Acquired: Half Price Books, Used, 2007

Price: $4



Though this project is both alphabetical and chronological, greatest hits collections are placed after all of a given artists LPs. So, here we return to Highway 61/Blonde on Blonde Dylan. Really, I only own this because I haven’t found a decent/affordable used copy of Blonde on Blonde. Actually, that’s a complete lie because the only Blonde on Blonde song I like on this collection is “I Want You,” and that’s my least favorite of my favorites. Really, I own this because it has “Positively 4th Street” on it, which is pretty much one of the greatest Dylan songs ever and a wonderfully spiteful companion piece to “Like a Rolling Stone.” The rest is mostly a surrogate for Bringing it All Back Home, which I should have bought at Love Garden when I had a chance one day but decided $7 was too much (and I hadn’t yet gone through my Bob Dylan phase). But yeah, worth owning for “Positively 4th Street.”

No comments:

Post a Comment