Saturday, July 4, 2009

Do Make Say Think - Goodbye Enemy Airship the Landlord is Dead

Do Make Say Think – Goodbye Enemy Airship the Landlord is Dead

Constellation, 2000

Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2005

Price: $6



I bought this based on the fact that I completely loved one track off of Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn. Saw this at Love Garden one day and, since it was cheap, bought it. Basically, it sounds like a “post-rock” record, and I really don’t have the patience for that kind of music. Sure, I have all of the Godspeed albums on my computer, but I just don’t have the patience the drawn out, drone and build of most of this music. Not that I don’t think it’s good, I think Do Make Say Think are an excellent band, just not one I could listen to forever and ever. I do, however, like them more than Broken Social Scene (which Charles Spearin is involved with). Somehow, when it comes to Broken Social Scene, the parts are always better than the whole (at least for me). Do Make Say Think, Feist, Emily Haines/Metric, the Weakerthans, Stars. All of these bands and artists are actually pretty awesome, yet when they collaborate with BSS, I just can’t get behind it. Maybe one of these days I’ll have some sort of BSS revelation and be absolutely batshit crazy in love with them like everyone else seems to be, but for now I’d rather listen to the side projects. Anyway, Goodbye Enemy Airship is a good album, but it’s an easy album to ignore. It’s perfect background music or napping music.

No comments:

Post a Comment