Friday, July 17, 2009

End of F

(A+B+C+D+E) = $764
F = $12
(A+B+C+D+E)+F = $776

At the moment I am frantically moving things out of my apartment and over to Jenny's house. I'm kind of amazed with how awesome I am at moving shit on my own, because I moved every single bookshelf (with the exception of the one that holds all of my records) out of my house tonight. There were five total, including a big tall one that really requires two people to move. I will move out of this house piece by piece until this house is empty. I'm finding a lot of stuff that belongs to other people that I haven't given back yet, mostly because I haven't seen those people in a long time, they've moved away, or we do not talk anymore. Regardless, there are no books in this house anymore, which is kind of awesome. My personal CD collection (which mostly consists of duplicate copies of promo CDs I got at KJ or stuff I got from SubPop when I was writing for PunkUnited) is gone too, as are all of my DVDs. It feels good. Before I leave the house tonight, everything that is mine in the kitchen will be gone too, as will all of the toilet paper and paper towels. It's a nice transition, really, given that it's the first time I've lived with a significant other and I'm kind of approaching it in the style of buying a goldfish. You take it home and you keep it in its little bag and eventually the water warms up and it can swim freely, having adjusted to it. Before I know it all that will be left is my record collection and then nothing. GREAT. But I hate moving and have been listening to Jeffrey Lewis' song "Moving" on repeat, as I do at the end of every July. Now, onto more cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment