Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks

Bob Dylan – Blood on the Tracks

Columbia, 1975

Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2008

Price: $7




I pretty much half-fell in love with my girlfriend months and moths ago when she told me Blood on the Tracks was her favorite Dylan record and that “Tangled Up in Blue” was one of her favorite songs of all time. It all seemed very ironic, because I’d spent the entire last year listening to this record, as I was going through a pretty sinister break-up. I ran a gamut of emotions and there was always a song to match it. When I was sad and longing there was “Simple Twist of Fate” and “If You See Her, Say Hello,” but most of the time I was jamming “Idiot Wind.” Anyway, personally, this is my favorite break-up record ever and one I will always have waiting in the wings. Oh, and once I was in Chicago staying with a friend of a friend and he played a really weird version of “Simple Twist of Fate” on acoustic guitar and then forced us to take shots of Evan Williams, so I guess I associate that with this record.

No comments:

Post a Comment