Friday, November 13, 2009

End of S

A+B+C+D+E+F+G+H+I+J+K+L+M+N+O+P+R=$2049
S=$384
(A+B+C+D+E+F+G+H+I+J+K+L+M+N+O+P+Q+R)+S=$2433

God I think I'm gonna be sick. That is so much money. Granted, there's about $15 worth of records from the dollar sale at Love Garden but still, S is the biggest chunk in my collection. I'm glad I got through it. I also think I made two separate trips to LG to sell off records during this period. Anyway, I'm approaching the end of the LP collection and am quite excited to move on to the 7"s. Only about a foot to go and after T it's pretty much home free until I hit the compilations and then yeah! Done!

To break up the monotony of the S section I created a couple of new features for the site. The first was dreamed up in the wee hours after finishing a show review of the Dirty Projectors gig, wee hours meaning 8-10 AM when Jenny was at work and I could not sleep. These tend to be drawn from words I typically use to describe records, and have used for years and years. I may even break my own rule and make a 6.5 and a 7.5, but only those two, as Pretty Fuckin' Good seems necessary.

I've also added a new feature called "Gut Feeling," which will be made up of whatever leaked records I'm devouring at the moment, or records that I have recently become obsessed with that I'd like to share because, goddamn, there have been some really great records that have come out in the past couple of months and I'm really sad that I can't afford to buy them. Labels have finally been hit by the recession, and now if I wanna buy a record it's gonna cost me no less than $17. A shame! A goddamned shame. Sometimes I just go into Love Garden to peruse like a poor man going into a bakery for the smells. I look through the new arrivals and think of the better, more student loan-laden times when I would say "Well, it's only $8." When I had a job and could devote at least $40 for records every couple of weeks. Now I stagger out of Love Garden after selling records like a crippled man. I tabulate how much money I lost from so much frivolous spending. It's good though, because it keeps me on track and shows me the joys of being flat broke and jobless. Now I spend my money on nothing but rent, cheap food (ask me for my pork chop recipe, a whole meal for about five dollars! Delicious!), and utilities. It's a wonderful thing.

1 comment: