Saturday, November 14, 2009

Talking Heads - Little Creatures

Talking Heads – Little Creatures
Sire, 1985
Acquired: Lawrence Antique Mall, Used, 2007
Price: $3

I think this is typically seen as Talking Heads weakest record, but it's never really classified as a bad record. Or maybe it's Naked, or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, I think it's pretty good despite the really cheesy 80s back cover art. The front cover art is fun. It's their poppiest album, and though it's not nearly as adventurous as previous releases, I like it a lot because well, the songs are good. They're catchy. Even Jenny likes this record, in particular “And She Was.” “This is their hit, or something, isn't it,” she asked or said. There's some country inflection here too, as on “Creatures of Love.” Although, I will say, that song is a bit slight. “Road to Nowhere” is pretty good though, although that little accordion thing in the background is kind of slightly annoying. Overall though, the song's a winner. And the album isn't bad, it's not not nearly as memorable as their others. And that's why it's the Talking Heads record I always see at used record stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment