Monday, November 2, 2009

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Simon & Garfunkel – Bridge Over Troubled Water
Columbia, 1970
Acquired: Love Garden Shotgun Room, Used, 2006
Price: $1

Man, I don't know how Love Garden was even able to sell this one. Even for a dollar. The record is completely fucked up. It's not even scratched but goddamn, crackle city. It's a shame too, because this is the Simon & Garfunkel record with the most jams. The title track is pretty good, even though if it is some pretty sissy shit. I like the strings a lot and the weepy harmonies in the chorus. “The Boxer” is their second best song, next to “America,” and it's got the song that was featured prominently in Garden State, the indie film that launched a thousand shits. And probably a thousand acoustic covers on that song on youtube by frat boys. Man, I'm bummed. They have ceased being beatniks here and are now just dudes, and it works for them. They're still a couple of pussies, but what are you gonna do? Oh yeah! And it's got “Cecilia,” which is a fun jam, although it's been played to death. This record is pretty good.

And now, a Children's Treasury of your boyfriend proving he's a sensitive bro by playing "The Only Living Boy in New York."

The "I just spent ten years in gulag" bro:


The South Asian bro:


The "we're not gay, we just like to touch and hold eachother at night" bros:


The sensitive dealing with serious issues bro:


The Clueless Bro:


The Broken English (I Think) Bro-ette:


The "I'm going to be late, but I NEED TO TELL YOU THAT IT'S ALL MY FAULT HERE'S THIS COVER I PLAYED ON MY GUITAR BEFORE SCHOOL" bro-ette. Peep the description on the youtube site, it's gold.


I actually really like this girl's version and I hope that Gordon guy she recorded it for takes her back because she seems like a catch. Although I wish she knew the song by heart and wasn't reading the lyrics off her macbook :(

No comments:

Post a Comment