Saturday, November 14, 2009

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food

Talking Heads – More Songs About Buildings and Food
Sire, 1978
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2005
Price: $7

The classic sophomore record that has come to be my favorite Talking heads record. And really, what could you ask for? It's got two certain to be college rock jams “Thank You For Sending Me an Angel” and “Found a Job,” which cause me to giggle with glee anytime I hear them on KJHK. It also has the classic “Take Me to the River” which I often hear in grocery stores. It's weird, how often I hear Talking Heads in the grocery store. Just today I heard some song I wasn't familiar with, but knew for certain it was them. Oh yeah, and this record is produced by Brian Eno, so yeah, you really can't go wrong. It's funky and punky, and people seem to love that. To lose their shit over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment