Monday, November 2, 2009

Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years

Paul Simon – Still Crazy After All These Years
Columbia, 1975
Acquired: Half Price Books Olathe, Used, 2005
Price: $2

Hmm. I thought I remembered this album being pretty good. The title track is pretty good, but it's got a really irritating sax solo right smack in the middle of it. “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover” is, of course, a total fucking monster jam, but that's almost all this record has going for it. You know, I'm listening to this record and I realize that I don't even like it. It's a drag getting through this adult urban contemporary shit. It's like “Hey mom and dad, I know I tried to replicate the record collection you never had to give me, but this is a record I'd take back home because I have no use for it.” Like, what is this fucking “Have a Good Time?” Paul Simon, what the fuck is this. This record is attributed to PAUL SIMON. Not some jazzy lady. SO WHY DOES IT SAY “ALL SONGS WRITTEN AND SUNG BY PAUL SIMON HUH!! I don't buy. But then “You're Kind” right after that is pretty good! This seems to be what everything Paul Simon has ever done is like. There are like, 3 or 4 really good songs then the rest are either boring or shitty or dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment