Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tender Trap - Film Molecules

Tender Trap – Film Molecules
K, 2002
Acquired: Love Garden Blowout Location, New, 2009
Price: $3.50

Can't believe I was able to wait til everything was 75% off to snag this really wonderful record. Tender Trap is Amelia Fletcher's post Heavenly project, and though it lacks the shambolic spark that Heavenly did, her voice and songwriting style are always a joy to listen to. The music is generally tighter, and there are synthesizers dotting the landscape, but yeah, this is a really nice indiepop record! I wish the hooks were a little hotter, but I'm not gonna complain. I can't really pick any choice jams at the moment, but I have no problems listening to this record. It's things that I like presented on vinyl and as far as music goes, it does not annoy me. Sure, I wish I had some Heavenly records on vinyl, but that's ok. This is good too. And I should mention that Amelia Fletcher formed Marine Research before Tender Trap, and that band was good too. I think I'm just biased. When it comes to female vocalists/songwriters/people who can write amazing pop songs, you really don't get better than Amelia Fletcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment