Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Magnolia Electric Co. - Fading Trails

Magnolia Electric Co. - Fading Trails
Secretly Canadian, 2006
Acquired: Love Garden, New, 2006
Price: $14

I know it's weird, but this is the sexiest record cover in my collection. That's pretty much why I bought the record. It features a topless woman from the 70s (maybe?) coated in an almost metallic cobalt blue. It's alluring and titillating. The woman's body type is exactly the kind of body type I am attracted to and the way her hands are place and the way her hair falls drives me crazy. And this is a Magnolia Electric Co record! The band whose lead singer notably looks like Jay Sherman. I do not know where this image comes from, though I have searched since I got it. All of these songs were later released on the Sojourner box set, which was a collection of four separate sessions. These were some of the best tracks, although I can't help but feel like this is a little slight to be considered a full fledged album. An album should be a statement and this feels more like a progress report. Although, I will say I do love this record. Almost all of the songs are jams, especially on the A-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment