Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Police - Synchronicity

The Police – Synchronicity
A&M, 1983
Acquired: My Parents' Basement, Used, 2005
Price: $0

I don't know why I have this in my collection proper. This copy belonged to my parents, which means it cracks and skips throughout and given that I haven't ever really liked anything Sting has ever been a part of (I tend to hate bands that have members with idiotic names. I also despise U2 doubly, for both Bono and the absolutely un-understandable The Edge. Who the fuck names themselves The Edge. Does he know how stupid that is?). I honestly do not give a fuck about this record. Not one single fuck. I think it is corny and I don't want to have anything to do with it and will put it aside with the records destined for the dustbin. As Ice Cube once said, wisely, in a rare bit of music criticism during his time with N.W.A., “Fuck the Police.” I don't really even have any critical comments about this record, I just hate listening to it and it makes me immediately want to listen to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment