Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Internal/External - Featuring...

Internal/External – Featuring...
K, 2000
Acquired: Love Garden Blowout Location, Used, 2009
Price: $3

The cover has a little image of Calvin Johnson playing a melodica so I had to buy it. Yes, it's on K, that's another reason why I had to buy it, but that picture is was what sold it. And yes, Calvin plays melodica on a song on this album. I'll just get it out of the way now: This record is fucking awful. This is really sad because there are some awesome contributors. Every song features a different artist adding vocals or instrumentation (like the 6ths). You've got Lois, Kathleen Hannna from Bikini Kill, Carrie Brownstein from Sleater-Kinney, and Slim Moon from ex-KRS label-head fame. This is basically a trip-hop record and it sounds terrible. And worst of all, it's 2XLP!!! WHY WHY WHY! Calvin's melodica playing isn't even that great. Sounds like anyone else playing a fuckin' melodica. Man, I hate this record. I don't hate a lot of records but I fucking HATE this record. It's easily the most boring thing I've ever heard in my whole entire life and I never, ever want to hear it again. Going on the “TO SELL TO LOVE GARDEN” stack, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment