Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kid Dynamite - Kid Dynamite

Kid Dynamite – Kid Dynamite
Jade Tree, 1998
Acquired: Love Garden, Used, 2008
Price: $7

Jason Shevchuk has long been one of my favorite vocalists, punk rock or other. This was especially after getting way into his post-Kid Dynamite project None More Black and really loving the way he could wrap his voice around a melody. Of course, that's all evidenced on these short, fast, and loud jams. I had to buy this for “Bookworm.” That was the selling point. It's one of my favorite songs of all time, probably Top 25 worthy. Clever lyrics, catchy melody, about a minute and a half long. All three of these things appeal to me. That, and it's one of the ultimate “Man, women...” songs. Melodic hardcore! Granted, it still has too many songs for my short attention span to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment